The Palm Beach & Whale Beach Association is a not-for-profit, non-political organisation of volunteer residents who are passionate about keeping our area unique, and keeping the local council and state government accountable.
Our main function is to preserve and enhance the natural beauty of the area and protect its residential amenity. We do this through communication with Northern Beaches Council and State and Federal Governments regarding development and building applications, by making submissions on relevant issues and policies, and by being represented on various local government and other committees.
We welcome new members from the community; to become a member of the Association or find out about membership click here.
Current Projects and Issues
These are some of the projects and issues that the Association is currently involved with:
- Preparation for Summer 20/21 parking, traffic
- NBC Covid19 Summer Action Plan for Outdoor Public Spaces
- Gov Phillip Park Landscape Improvement Plan 20/21
- NBC Public Space Vision & Design Guidelines
- Palm Beach to Whale Beach walkway
- Stormwater pollution at Palm Beach
- Mona Vale Police Station
- Landscaping at Palm Beach beachfront
- Avalon Place Plan
- Reckless driving
- Heritage buildings on Barrenjoey Headland
- Footpath from Careel Bay to Palm Beach
- Use and Management of McKay Reserve
- Footpaths and public rights of way
The Association regularly makes submissions to various bodies, including Northern Beaches Council and the NSW Government, about issues relevant to the Palm Beach and Whale Beach area. Links to our most recent submissions can be found below: